As time goes by and we get older, day to day activities may become more cumbersome to perform. Whether you or your loved one has health obstacles which make it harder to perform daily activities, you are not alone. Attendant care professionals help care for you or your loved one by helping with daily living. Here are some of the many benefits of attendant care services.
- Home health care professionals can be there when you aren’t able to be. Our health care professionals are knowledgeable and trained to assess safety risks. They can make corrections in the home that will help prevent hazards such as falls. They can be there when you’re not and that gives you peace of mind.
- Home care supports activities of daily living. Attendant care services allow patients to receive day to day help with personal care. This improves quality of life while preserving their dignity. Assistance can include meal preparation, laundry, bathing, grooming, grocery shopping , medication reminders, and more.
- Access to skilled nursing care at home. Skilled medical care can be delivered at home by thoroughly supervised nurses, certified, licensed and knowledgeable about high-technology medical equipment. Home health care can ensure that your loved one’s complex medical needs are met.
- Medication management. If your loved one is on multiple prescriptions it can be confusing to manage. Home health care professionals can ensure the right medications are being taken at the right times to control health conditions and prevent harmful drug interactions.
- Home health care professionals provide caring companionship. Research shows that aging adults stay healthier with social interaction. Home health aides can become trusted friends for walks, reading, cards, games, movies, meals, and other social activities.
- Home care helps with light household chores. Keeping a healthy living environment is essential to a person’s health. Home care attendants can help with housework such as washing dishes, laundry, and simple chores, providing a consistent clean living environment.
- Home health care clients have comparable or better health outcomes. Research has shown that clinical results are comparable or better with fewer complications when home care is provided to individuals with chronic conditions such as pneumonia, diabetes, or COPD
- An affordable alternative. According to the National Association of Home Care, the average cost of care from a skilled nursing facility is $544 dollars per day, while the average cost of home health care per visit is $132 dollars.
Edwards Home Health & Hospice provides attendant care services in Austin, TX and surrounding areas. We ensure that quality of living is kept to a high standard. You’re not alone. Let Edwards Home Health & Hospice give a helping hand. Please contact us for more information or call us at 512-763-4690.